When you have made up your mind on the kind of music that you want to create for your first solo album, it is time to choose the music genre that you will be able to play and enjoy. There are music genres that have been around for ages, while there are newer music genres that are coming up. You might find it hard to choose one that you think is good. It will be best if you can listen to a wide variety of music so that you could gauge which of the music genres and kinds you would love to play on your album. Here are some factors that you need to consider when choosing a music genre to play on your solo album.
– Personality. How familiar are you with this kind of music? This is a major factor in choosing the right music genre to play. If you know the music already, then it would be easier for you to choose the one that you want to record. Of course, you also have to make sure that you will be able to play the song according to what your music group will be able to perform.
– Length of songs. Choose the music that you want to record as a solo album. How long each song should be? Is it okay if it’s a shorter song or a longer one? This is a crucial question that you have to ask yourself, because a certain length of music may not fit well into the set of songs being played by your music group.
– Length of band sessions. Choose the music genre that you want to be recorded using a band. Do you know how long the band is going to take to play all the songs on your solo album? The length of the band sessions is also an important factor to consider because you wouldn’t want to spend weeks or months just recording the songs. Make sure that you have enough time in your hands to properly do the songs.
– Budget. This factor is very much necessary in any kind of music group. You need to know your budget in order to know what kind of music project you can actually afford to create. The number of members of the group, their expertise and the length of the songs that you need to record will determine how much money you will need.
– Members of the band. Now, this factor is a combination of several factors, but the most important one is the type of music genre that you will be playing. If you are going to choose a rock music group for your recording, you need to have at least five or six members. And if you will choose a metal band for your music venture, there are at least seven members who are needed. The number of members that will be needed depends on the type of music you are choosing. The genres that have fewer numbers of members are harder to record and therefore, they will cost more than the genres with many members.
– Songwriting skills. In every music group out there, it is not enough to have musical skills. A real professional has to write good music so that he can be part of the band and contribute something special to the song. Aside from this, the song has to sound good for the entire audience to appreciate. To be able to sing and play an instrument well is not enough.
– Experience. It takes time to establish yourself in a certain music genre. No matter how many records you have or how good you already are, you still have to go through trial and error before you can finally stand out. A real professional will be willing to show you the mistakes he made and guide you to avoid them in the future. As much as possible, he will not compromise your style so that he can just join the next big music group.